So this morning I gave Madi a bath. She's been licking her hips for the past couple weeks and losing a lot of hair. We thought it was because her hips were bothering her (she has arthritis). I noticed she had lost more hair than I had thought, and her tail was a little swollen. So Brian took her to the vet. Turns out it's allergies and she had an infection from all the licking. So $200 later, we've got an antibiotic, itch relief medication ... and a happy dog! ;)
Friday, August 7, 2009
Day 35
So this morning I gave Madi a bath. She's been licking her hips for the past couple weeks and losing a lot of hair. We thought it was because her hips were bothering her (she has arthritis). I noticed she had lost more hair than I had thought, and her tail was a little swollen. So Brian took her to the vet. Turns out it's allergies and she had an infection from all the licking. So $200 later, we've got an antibiotic, itch relief medication ... and a happy dog! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor pup! Glad you found out what the problem was. Just wish these vet visits weren't so expensive.
ReplyDelete